The University of Newcastle Scholarship. The University of Newcastle is currently accepting applications from interested and eligible students for their Africa Excellence Scholarship.
This award is available for African students with a strong academic background who wish to enrol in a degree program at the University for the 2022/2023 academic session. The Africa Excellence Scholarship has been established to attract high-performing international students to the University of Newcastle for study in 2022 and beyond. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognises applicants with a strong academic background and incentivises them to continue striving to be the best that they can be.
The Scholarship offers will be made based on academic merit. All academic merit determinations are determined according to the University’s procedures for determining ATAR and GPA. Students who do not receive an offer of the scholarship will not be eligible for the scholarship. Internal transfer students who are studying at an Australian or Online campus and were not previously awarded the scholarship will also not be eligible. Students studying quota-limited programs will not be eligible for this scholarship (please view full terms and conditions for the list of quota-limited programs which will not be eligible)
The University of Newcastle (UON), informally known as Newcastle University, is a public university in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia. Established in 1965, it has a primary campus in the Newcastle suburb of Callaghan. The university also operates campuses in Ourimbah, Port Macquarie, Singapore, Newcastle CBD and Sydney CBD. Historically, the University Of Newcastle Medical School has implemented the problem-based learning system for its undergraduate Bachelor of Medicine program – a system later mandated for use by the Australian Medical Council throughout Australia. It pioneered to use the of Undergraduate Medicine and Health Sciences Admission Test (UMAT) in the early 1990s. UMAT has since been accepted widely by different medical schools across Australia as additional selection criteria. The University of Newcastle is a member of Universities Australia and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The earliest origins of the present-day University of Newcastle can be traced to the Newcastle Teachers College (established 1949) and Newcastle University College (NUC, established 1951). NUC was created as an offshoot of the New South Wales University of Technology (now known as the University of New South Wales) and was co-located with the Newcastle Technical College at Tighes Hill. At the time of its establishment, NUC had just five full-time students and study was restricted to engineering, mathematics and science
Worth of the University of Newcastle Scholarship
Opportunity to study at the University Of Newcastle, Australia for International students
Scholarship worth AU$10,000 for each year of study
Scholarship opportunities are available for several international students
Eligibility for the University of Newcastle Scholarship
- To be eligible for the University of Newcastle Africa Excellence Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must hold a passport from one of the 54 countries of Africa.
- Applicants must be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, and Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Applicants must be International full-fee paying students.
- Applicants must be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Applicants must not be the beneficiary of a separate University scholarship unless prior approval for special dispensation has been obtained from the university.
- Applicants must meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses to obtain your student visa, and if eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
How to apply for the University of Newcastle Scholarship
Students who have received an offer to study in an eligible, non-quota program and who will commence studying with the University of Newcastle.
- Successful students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their Letter of Offer and should review the full terms and conditions, advising the university if they do not wish to accept.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
Official Website: Click Here