Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship is currently open for submission of applications. The program is available to individuals who desire to pursue first-time or second-degree studies for winter semester 2022. Candidates of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this program. Interested applicants are advised to get the necessary application documents ready and apply early,
The Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship program provides modern educational and research opportunities that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principal driving force for development.
Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship – Summary
- Funding Type: Partial Funding
- Academic Institutions: Germany Universities
- Study Level: Postgraduate, Undergraduate
- Eligible Students: International Students
- Country: Germany
- Deadline: Open yearly
- Awards: Students who perform outstandingly academically and are involved in special social engagement can each receive € 300 per month for a year from the Ruhr-program Fund.
- Number of Awards: Unknown
The Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship is granted without the consideration of personal or parent income; one’s nationality is not important to the scholarship award either. The scholarship funds do not matter towards awards granted under the Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG). There are no social insurance contributions payable. Candidates from outside the home country will often need to satisfy specific English language/other language prerequisites so as to be able to study there.
Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship is available for pursuing first-time second-degree studies. The scholarship is awarded within the following Fields of study and Faculties:
- Arts and Social Sciences: Faculty of Catholic Theology; Faculty of Philosophy and Education; Faculty of History; Faculty of Protestant Theology; Faculty of Philology; Law Faculty; Faculty of Economics; Faculty of East Asian Studies; Faculty of Sports Science; Faculty of Social Sciences; Faculty of Psychology.
- Engineering Sciences: Faculty of Mechanical Engineering; Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
- Natural Sciences: Faculty of Chemistry and Biochemistry; Faculty of Physics and Astronomy; Faculty of Mathematics; Faculty of Geosciences; Faculty of Biology and Biotechnology Medicine: Medical Faculty.
Benefits of Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship
Beneficiaries of the Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- Funding is usually awarded for at least 2 semesters but may be provided for a maximum time which covers the standard period of study.
- At intervals of 2 semesters the university reviews if the scholarship holder still meets the award criteria and if private funding will continue to be available.
- Every scholar will get €300 monthly (€150 are supplied by private sponsors and €150 by the Federal Government). The scholarship is granted anyone who is fits regardless of personal or parent income.
Eligibility for Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship
To be eligible for Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: Candidates of all nationalities are qualified to apply.
- The basic requirements of the award program to apply are: exceptional academic performance and special social engagement; first degrees, Master courses, and second-degree studies can be funded.
- The faculty-specific programs are granted by the faculties based on the students’ academic performance.
- These awards might be granted only to students who are in a specific semester.
- Foreign candidates are eligible to apply for Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship.
- English Language Requirements: Candidates from outside the home country will need to satisfy specific English language/other language requirements so order to be able to study there.
How to Apply for Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship
To win the Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- The application will be done online.
- The following information is required in the online application:
- Transcript of records (PDF).
- Information on social engagement (max. 500 words).
- Letter of motivation (max. 500 words).
- Application Form
NB: Interested applicants must upload only the transcript of records; otherwise their application will be rejected.
To inquire further and apply for Deutschlandstipendium Scholarship, please visit the official website.