The DAAD Scholarships program is a platform for individuals looking forward to embarking on a Master’s or Ph.D. studies in Germany. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships offer foreign graduates from various disciplines the chance to acquire a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-acknowledged German university, and in unique cases to take a doctoral degree in Germany.
DAAD Scholarships is a fully covered scholarship for students from any country. The program covers masters or Ph.D. studies in German Universities. DAAD Scholarships finances the payment of 850 euros to graduates or 1,200 euros to doctoral applicants every month.
The program grooms best-trained professionals, who are networked with international partners, and play a pertinent role in the viable development of their countries. There is a tremendous guarantee for a better future with reduced poverty, better education, and health for all. With its growth-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD advocates the training of professionals from advanced and anew industrialized countries.
DAAD Scholarships – Summary
- Study Level: Masters/Ph.D. DegreeDeadline: Aug-Oct 2021 (yearly)
Host Institution(s): German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses
- Level/Field(s) of Study: Masters or Ph.D. courses in:
- Economic Sciences
- Business Administration
- Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences
- Education and Law
- Media Studies
- Check the full list of eligible postgraduate courses for 2022/2023.
- Number of Scholarships: Limited
- Target group: Graduates with at least two years of professional experience from the following countries: listed here.
Benefits of DAAD Scholarships
Beneficiaries of DAAD Scholarships will be offered the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend of 861 euros for graduates
- Monthly stipend of 1,200 euros for doctoral applicants
- Stipends for health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel stipend – except these costs are financed by the home country or another means of funding.
- The duration of the DAAD Scholarships is within 12 to 24 months (subject to the specific institution) for Masters and 42 months for PhD.
Eligibility for DAAD Scholarships
- Applicant works for a public authority or a state or private organization in a developing nation, and as such, is into the planning and implementation of directives and projects with emphasis on growth policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Applicant holds a Bachelor’s degree (usually four years) in an associated field.
- Applicant has accomplished an academic degree with well over average results (upper third) and preferably minimum of two years of associated professional experience after the first degree (bachelor).
- Applicant’s academic degrees should typically not be over six years old.
- Courses in German Language (scholarship contains a 6-month German language course): Successful availing of the language examination DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 before the beginning of the study course. Hence a minimum German language level of B1 at the period of application is a requirement that requires being proofed by providing a certificate.
- Courses in English Language: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarships
To win DAAD Scholarships, applicants must follow the guidelines below:
- Applications must be submitted straight to the particular course.
- Please go through to the corresponding course websites for the application process, the application deadline, and the documents to be submitted.
- DAAD Scholarships application deadline differs, liable on the course but falls around August/October.
- It is vital to go through the FAQs and the 2022/2023 brochure and visit the official website to have access to the application form and for comprehensive details on how to apply for DAAD Scholarships.
To inquire further about DAAD Scholarships, please visit the Official Website.