SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships create an opportunity for students from international companies to pursue a master’s degree in Sustainable Tropical Forestry. SUTROFOR is the acronym for Sustainable Tropical Forestry.
It is an established fact that Sustainable Tropical Forestry is a global concern. About two billion persons depend on wood-based energy. Non-wood forest goods and facilities are vital to the existence of more than one billion needy persons largely in urban regions. Timber is a substantial product for both domestic and export economies, and persons in developing countries are gradually bothered about the fate of tropical forests. Trees and forests are progressively recognized and included in poverty alleviation policies to add to viable growth in tropical and subtropical countries.
This program is a joint master’s degree in five host institutions of higher education in (Denmark, the UK, Germany, France, and Italy) Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR) is a world-class program targeted at preparing talented graduates to address the complex basics of modern tropical forestry. SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships provides the scholars with:
- A firm theoretical foundation.
- Capability to perform on the international scene, and openness to cultures from other countries.
- All skills required for working as a researcher or in tropical forest practices, e.g. NGOs, consultancies, international organizations, development agencies, governmental agencies, ministries, or district forest offices.
SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships – Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): University of Copenhagen, Bangor University, Dresden University, AgroParisTech, University of Padova
- Study in: Denmark, Germany, UK, France, and Italy
- Program Period: 2 years
- Deadline: Submission of applications is open all through the year.
- Agroforestry systems.
- Forests and livelihoods in developing nations.
- Tropical forest management.
- Environmental management and policies for tropical forests.
- Social and environmental responsibility in tropical forestry.
Benefits of SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships
SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships provides the beneficiaries the benefits below:
- There will be provisions for support for travel and installation expenses. It is a stipend for assistance to cover the added costs linked to the issuing of visas, residence permits, etc. and the temporary housing needs after arrival in the first Program Country hosting HEI.
- 2000 EUR per annum for travel expenses + 1000 EUR for installation expenses for scholarship recipient resident of a Partner Country whose location is positioned at less than 4.000 km from the EMMIC coordinating HEI.
- 3000 EUR per annum for travel expenses + 1000 EUR for installation expenses for scholarship recipient resident of a Partner Country whose location is positioned at 4.000 km or above from the EMMIC coordinating HEI.
- Input to subsistence expenses and must not be given to Partner Country Scholarship recipient for the EMMC periods beyond three months (indicatively the equivalent of 15 ECTS credits) spent in any Partner Country.
- 1000 EUR monthly for the whole period (120 ECTS) of the EMJMD study program (24 months full).
Eligibility for SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships
To be eligible for SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Required Languages:
- French (if applicants who decide to have French as the studying language in France’s campus).
- Local language (courses are available at all the partner institutions).
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world.
- If an applicant has accomplished a BSc or undergoing concluding semester of a bachelor’s program, the applicant is qualified to apply for the Master’s program in Sustainable Tropical Forestry (SUTROFOR).
- Applicants are expected to proof proficiency in English based on their background; see the language requirements.
- Applicants that have BSc degree in a relevant field, e.g. agriculture, forestry, biology, economics, geography, are directly academically eligible for admission to the MSc Program.
- Applicants may also be admitted by the faculty.
How to Apply for SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships
To avail SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships, please follow the steps below.
- Create an application at the application portal.
- Upload the essential documents, see the list.
- Follow your application on the website.
- Check your application results; application result will be accessed through the application portal no later than 1stof July. The result may come earlier, so it is vital to check for messages.
- Accept received offer of admission.
When you receive a message at the application portal, you will receive an email at the mail address you have registered with your application. Please be aware that emails from the application portal may end up in your spam filter.
To inquire further about SUTROFOR Erasmus Scholarships, please visit the official website