Do you wish to study in Canada? Good news! We are here to inform you about the Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship application that is currently ongoing at the University of Western Ontario. In this article, we will be discussing the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility, and the application process.
The Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship is offered for a Ph.D. degree and the scholarship is provided by the University of Western Ontario. The University of Western Ontario is a public research university in London, Ontario, Canada. The core campus is situated on 455 hectares (1,120 acres) of land, bounded by residential neighborhoods and the Thames River intersecting the campus’s eastern portion. The university functions twelve academic faculties and schools. It is a member of the U15, a group of research-intensive universities in Canada.
The university was originated on 7 March 1878 by Bishop Isaac Hellmuth of the Anglican Diocese of Huron as the Western University of London, Ontario. It combined Huron College, which had been originated in 1863. The first four faculties were Arts, Divinity, Law, and Medicine. The university became non-denominational in 1908. Beginning in 1919, the university had allied with several denominational colleges. The university produced considerably in the post-World War II era, and several faculties and schools were added.
Student residences make up the biggest part of Western’s building area, with about 31 percent of all building space owed for residential use. Teaching and research facilities take up the second main portion of building space, with roughly 28 percent of all building space assigned for that use. Most of these facilities are used for research, with 48 percent of all teaching and research facilities allocated for that purpose. About 27 percent of all teaching and research facilities are made up of classrooms, with the outstanding 24 percent made up of instructional laboratories.
Western is an openly funded research university and a member of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada. The full-time undergraduate programs include the majority of the school’s enrollment, made up of 30,665 full-time, part-time undergraduate students and synchronized education students. The graduate student population is 5,297, plus full-time students, part-time students, and post-graduate medical residents. The university discussed 4,504 bachelor’s degrees, 207 doctoral degrees, 1,427 master’s degrees, and 1,180-second entry professional degrees in 2008–2009. Students may apply for financial aid such as the Ontario Student Assistance Program and Canada Student Loans and Grants through the federal and provincial governments. The monetary aid may come in loans, grants, bursaries, scholarships, fellowships, debt reduction, interest relief, and work programs.
The two core student unions on managerial and policy issues are the University Students’ Council for all undergraduate students and the Society of Graduate Students for graduate students. The University Students’ Council recognizes more than 180 student organizations and clubs, in which more than 19,500 people are an associate. These clubs and organizations shield a wide variety of interests such as academics, culture, religion, social issues, and recreation. The University Students’ Council also offers additional services such as the campus movie theatre (Western Film), pub/restaurant (The Spoke & Rim Tavern), clothing store (The Purple Store), and print shop. These facilities can all be found in the University Community Centre.
Worth of Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship
The benefit of this scholarship is $40,000 annually which can be renewable for up to 4 years.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship
- To be an eligible applicant for the Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship, you must have achieved a least 80% in your last completed two academic years.
- To be an eligible applicant for a Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship, You must be an international student while applying and also while taking up the reward.
- To be an eligible applicant for a Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship, You must not be enrolled in any university degree program at the time of nomination.
- To be an eligible applicant for the Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship, You must be consuming an exceptional research potential and experience and also excellent academic record at university.
- To be an eligible applicant for a Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship, You should be planning to take a Ph.D. in the university.
How to Apply for Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship
- Recruit a competitive candidate(s) and have them complete and submit an Online Application for admission, or identify a competitive candidate(s) from the pool of Ph.D. admission applications already submitted.
- Check that the candidate has implemented at a first-class level recently by;
- Calculating two worthiness averages, one for each of the last two years of full-time study. See the Academic Eligibility rule above.
- Inform the candidate(s) that they are being measured for the scholarship
- Write the Nomination Letter (max. 2 pages), directed to the Vice Provost, Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, that offers a rationale for the choice of candidate, clearly pronouncing the excellence of the candidate according to the four variety criteria charted in the Trillium Scoring Rubric
- Academic excellence
- Research latent and experience
- Relational Qualities of the Candidate
- Quality and status of the previous university and/or degree program
- Prepare the nomination file (single PDF) in this order:
- Nomination Letter
- Admission Application which normally contains: summary, academic intent, letters of reference, transcripts, supplementary documents
- CV (mandatory)
- Submit the PDF nomination to SGPS ([email protected]) any time after February 1st until SGPS closes the yearly call.
Application Deadline for Fully Funded Trillium Scholarship
The application deadline is not specific.
Official Website: Click here
Leave a Comment