The Berea College Scholarships program is a completely covered undergraduate scholarship for international students who want to embark on undergraduate studies in the USA. The Berea College Scholarships program will offer 100% funding to 100% of admitted international students for the first year of admission. This mixture of financial assistance and scholarships balances the expenses of tuition, accommodation, board, and fees.
Berea College Scholarships – Summary
- Country: USA
- Institution(s): Berea College
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Closing date: November 30th, 2022
Berea College – About
Berea College is one of the finest American Institutions of higher education that provides 100% fully funded scholarship to foreign students from any country in the world. Berea College has an open application for international applicants seeking to pursue an educational career at the institution for the coming academic year.
Berea College has an old history of welcoming students of all races, religious groups, and ethnicities, Admission to Berea College is very competitive, and you will need to satisfy certain criteria to be considered. For some decades after the Civil War, Berea’s student body continued to be divided equally between white and black students, lots of them furthered to teach in academic places of learning established mainly for African-Americans.
In the year 1886 to 1887, the school had three divisions: Primary, Intermediate, and Academic. Students could embark on a college preparatory program, a shorter program, or a teachers’ program. In the year 1869 to 1870, five freshmen were enrolled in the College Department, and in 1873 the first bachelor’s degrees were awarded.
- Computer Science
For more majors, visit here.
Duration of Program: Four years or longer subject to the major.
Benefits of Berea College Scholarships
Beneficiaries of the Berea College Scholarships program will be offered the benefits below:
- Berea College is the only university in the USA that offers 100% funding to 100% of admitted foreign students for the first year of enrollment. This combination of monetarist assistance and scholarships covers the costs of tuition, accommodation, board, and fees.
- In later years, foreign students are expected to save $1,000 (US) per annum to contribute toward their costs. The school does provide summer jobs to foreign students so that they can meet this responsibility.
- Admitted foreign students are expected to pay a sum of $50 (US) entrance fee, and a sum of $2,200 (US) deposit to seal their enrollment. This deposit can be used by foreign students for some expenses in the course of their four years of enrollment. For students who are not capable of paying all or a portion of the deposit, additional monetarist assistance is available.
- All foreign students are provided with a paid, on-campus job via the College’s Work Program all through the academic year. Students may use their wages (about US $2,000 the first year) to cover personal expenses.
Eligibility for Berea College Scholarships
To be eligible for Berea College Scholarships, applicants must satisfy the conditions below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world.
- International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT. You should register and take the test early in order include a copy of your scores in your packet and to meet the deadline.
- Official secondary school records.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a present or former teacher.
How to Apply for Berea College Scholarships
To apply for Berea College Scholarships, please follow the application guidelines below:
- Read the prerequisites judiciously to check if your qualified here.
- Download and fill the application form from here.
- Mail the application form and forward it combined with the rest of the requirements to Berea College Office of Admissions209 Chestnut Street, Berea, KY 40403 USA.
To inquire further about Berea College Scholarships, please visit the official website.
Leave a Comment