Michigan State University is welcoming students from all over the world to partake in its Michigan State University International Awards. The university has partnered with the “YouAreWelcomHere” Campaign to bring this opportunity to all foreign undergraduate candidates. The applicants who show commitment to promoting the campaign message by bridging intercultural divides will be awarded $25,000 towards tuition yearly.
The following grants are offered to incoming freshmen with non-U.S. residency status. The scholarships available are limited in number, also meeting the requirements for an award does not guarantee that an offer will be made. The scholarship amount is in U.S. dollars. The #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship application is compulsory. This funding cannot be stacked on top of the International Tuition Grant.
Michigan State University – About
Michigan State University is the country’s foremost public land-grant research university, and also one of the best research universities on the globe. It ranks at the 157th position in QS Global World Rankings. The university endeavors to advance knowledge and change lives.
Why Michigan State University? Michigan State University has effectively built a premiere academic (learning) environment in undergraduate, graduate, and lifelong education programs. The programs in MSU ought to energetically engage learners and empower them to build their knowledge. MSU builds a supportive environment that emboldens the contributions of citizens, faculty and staff members, students, and administrators to its functioning.
Application Deadline: See the official program webpage for further details
Michigan State University International Awards – Summary
- Awarding Institution: Michigan State University
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Award value: $25,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Country: USA
Eligibility for Michigan State University International Awards
To be eligible for Michigan State University International Awards, applicants musts satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: All nationalities.
- Eligible Courses: Any undergraduate level program taught at Michigan State University is eligible to apply.
- The applicants must be first-year foreign undergraduate candidates at Michigan State University.
Benefits of Michigan State University International Awards
Recipients of Michigan State University International Awards will be offered the benefits below:
- The victors will be granted $25,000 towards tuition yearly renewable
- This financial aid will be for up to eight semesters (4 years) by the Michigan State University.
How to Apply for Michigan State University International Awards
To win the Michigan State University International Awards, please follow the guidelines below:
- Steps to Apply: The candidates must first complete their admission application on the university’s official portal. They must also fill out the application form and submit to [email protected].
- Needed Documents: The students are expected to submit the following documents to the university:
- Official High School Transcripts
- Student Visa
- Admission Prerequisites: The applicants need a minimum 3.5 GPA, ACT score 23-29, or SAT score 1110-1280 to get into MSU.
- Language Prerequisites: The applicants have to submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 79
- IELTS – 6.0
- PTE – 53
Types – Michigan State University International Award
International Tuition Grant: It is based on academic merit, extracurricular activities, essay, and geographic diversity. The grant amount varies from about $15,000 to $25,000 yearly for eight semesters. Precedence consideration will be offered to applicants who apply to MSU by December 1st. Those applying after December 1st may also qualify as funds are available. This particular award is not accessible to U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or transfer students.
Honors Distinction Scholarship: It is offered to non-resident Honors College invitees who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents or citizens of Canada or Mexico; $5,000 yearly for 8 semesters.
Honors College Excellence Scholarship: it is offered to a certain group of non-Michigan residents and international students who are Honors College invitees. It awards $13,000 yearly over 8 semesters.
Professorial Assistantship: It is awarded to a select number of foreign and home-schooled Honors College invitees based on a holistic review of their specific academic histories. Domestic students are also eligible for this award, however, their suitability is based on having a GPA that places them in the top 5% of candidates to MSU from their respective schools.
Global Ambassador Grant: Granted to a limited number of academically gifted candidates, a sum of $7,000 yearly for 8 semesters.
Red Cedar Scholarship: it is awarded to dependents or grandchildren of MSU alumni, an amount of $1,250 yearly which is renewable for 8 semesters.
Presidential Study Abroad Scholarship: Granted for use with an MSU-funded or co-sponsored study abroad program outside of the United States. Its value is $3,000 or $5,000, contingent on the duration of the program.
To inquire further about Michigan State University International Award, please visit the official website.
Leave a Comment