The Opportunity Award program provides scholarships for a first year freshman with outstanding high school records. Selection is based on an applicant’s high school academic record, activities, leadership ability, and, in some cases evidence of financial need.
Texas A&M University–Kingsville is the oldest continuously operating public institution of higher learning in South Texas. The school was chartered as the South Texas Normal School in 1917; however, the opening of the school was delayed due to World War I. Founded in 1925 as South Texas State Teachers College, the university’s name changed in 1929 to Texas College of Arts and Industries, or Texas A&I for short, signaled the broadening of its mission. A 1967 name change to Texas A&I University marked another transition. The university became a member of the Texas A&M University System in 1989 and changed its name to Texas A&M University–Kingsville in 1993.
The school has been continuously accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) since 1928
Eligibility criteria for the International Opportunity Awards.
- You must be an entering freshman who has not attended another college or university.
- You must have to check the entry requirements of an undergraduate degree at the university.
- You must provide proof of English language at the university.
- TOEFL official test scores must be sent directly from the testing center to Engineering CAS (use code B887) to be considered official.
- IELTS official test scores must be submitted electronically by the IELTS test center. No paper Test Report Forms will be accepted. Please contact the test center where you took the IELTS test and request that your test scores be sent electronically using the IELTS system to Texas A&M University (College Station and Galveston).
Eligible Countries: All international applicants are eligible for the International Opportunity Awards
Value of Award: Up to $15,000
Number of Awards: Not Specified
Method of Application: You can apply using the Apply Texas Application or the Coalition Application for Freshman Admission. Students must complete the admissions application and the scholarship application to be considered.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2022