Do you want to study in the USA? Good news! We are here to inform you about the Diether H. Haenicke international awards application that is currently ongoing at Western Michigan University. In this article, we will be discussing the scholarship, its worth, its eligibility, and the application process.
Diether H. Haenicke international awards are offered for an Undergraduate degree. This scholarship is provided by Western Michigan University. WesternMichiganUniversity (WMU) is a public research university in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It was established in 1903 by Dwight B. Waldo. Its registration, as of the fall 2019 semester, was 21,470. It is classified among “R2: Doctoral Universities – High research activity”.
On May 27, 1903, Michigan Governor Aaron T. Bliss signed a bill authorizing the creation of the State’s fourth teacher-training facility. The three other normal schools were in Ypsilanti (Eastern), Mount Pleasant (Central), and Marquette (Northern). Kalamazoo was chosen as the new school’s location on August 28, 1903. Other sites considered included Allegan, Muskegon, Grand Rapids, Decatur, Three Oaks, and Hastings. The first building, then known as the Administration Building, and now known as East Hall, was constructed in 1904.
West Campus is the primary and largest WMU campus in Kalamazoo, and is usually mentioned as “Main Campus.” Most of the university’s academic and administrative buildings are on West Campus, comprising the College of Arts and Sciences, Haworth College of Business, College of Education and Human Development, College of Fine Arts, the Lee Honors College, and Waldo Library.
Many of the residence halls are originate dispersed throughout West Campus, while other dormitories (affectionately referred to as “The Valleys”) are adjacent to West Campus in Goldsworthy Valley. Waldo Library is the fourth-largest university library system in Michigan, where it houses millions of various resources such as books, audio/visual materials, maps, electronic resources, and more. The library also has a Special Collections and Rare Book Room, where they reserve thousands of manuscripts, facsimiles, and unique items available for viewing one item at a time.
The university has seven degree-granting colleges: the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Aviation, the Haworth College of Business, the College of Education, the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, the College of Fine Arts, and the College of Health and Human Services. In addition, the university has a Graduate College and the Lee Honors College.
Western Michigan has more than 300 recorded student organizations. Students are welcomed to school each year with “Bronco Bash”, an event with live entertainment presentations and booths supported by student and community organizations.
On-campus housing offers 23 residence halls and special interest housing for students in programs such as the honors college, aviation, business community, engineering, and applied sciences, science scholars, education, fine arts, health and human services, second-year students, transfer students, Magellan housing, wellness housing.
Worth of Diether H. Haenicke international awards
The benefit of this scholarship is dependent on your GPA is up to $15,000.
Eligibility for Diether H. Haenicke international awards
- To be eligible for Diether H. Haenicke international awards, the student must have been admitted to WMU.
- To be eligible for Diether H. Haenicke international awards, Students must have non-resident international status.
- To be eligible for Diether H. Haenicke international awards, International undergraduate students applying for and registered in fully online degree programs (programs included of all online courses) will NOT be eligible for the Haenicke scholarship.
- To be eligible for Diether H. Haenicke international awards, an Undergraduate degree-seeking student entering WMU for the first time after secondary school or transfer from another post-secondary institution.
- To be eligible for Diether H. Haenicke international awards, A complete application to the University must be received by Feb. 1 and meet all application requirements.
- To be eligible for Diether H. Haenicke international awards, Intending F-1 SEVIS Active students to study in the US.
How to Apply for Diether H. Haenicke international awards
Applicants will automatically be measured for the Haenicke Scholarship upon submission of a complete application. No additional application is needed.
Application Deadline for Diether H. Haenicke international awards
The application deadline for this scholarship is February 15, 2022.
Official Website: Click here