The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarship programme offers scholarships worth up to £10,000 to international students from Vietnam, India, the USA and countries of the European Union to study a full-time masters programme in Wales.
The scholarships are funded by the Global Wales Programme – a partnership between the Welsh Government, Universities Wales, The British Council and HEFCW.
- • Aberystwyth University
- • Bangor University
- • Cardiff University
- • Cardiff Metropolitan University
- • Swansea University
- • University of South Wales
- • University of Wales Trinity St David
- • Wrexham Glyndwr University
Level/Field(s) of study:
Eligible full-time postgraduate programme at one of the Welsh Universities (see above)
Number of Scholarships:
Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Spain
Rest of World: USA, Canada, India, Vietnam
Each scholarship is worth up to £10,000 towards the cost of tuition fees for one year of a postgraduate masters programme. Any additional costs and expenses are the responsibility of the student.
To be eligible for the Global Wales Postgraduate scholarships, you must:
• Have submitted an application to study an eligible postgraduate programme at one of the Welsh Universities (see above);
• Be due to start your postgraduate programme in September 2022;
• Be classed as an overseas student for fee paying purposes;
• Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries (see above).
To be considered for the scholarships, you will need to have submitted an application to study to your university. You will need to include your University application number in your scholarship application. The scholarship application form must be submitted online by 23.59 (PST) 31 May 2022 for September 2022 entry.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.