Bangor University is providing the successfully selected students Up to 50% International Tuition Fee towards taking part in one research part-time and full-time course OR Awards will be made for a maximum of 3 years.
Eligibility criteria for the Vice-Chancellor’s Research Scholarships at Bangor University
- You must hold/ be on track to achieve the equivalent of a UK 1st class bachelor degree or equivalent of a Distinction at UK Masters’ level to be eligible.
- You must hold an offer of admission for a research programme starting in the academic year 2022/23.
- You must be paying international tuition fee levels.
- You must meet the University’s English language requirements and provide proof of the same.
Conditions (for all scholarship winners)
- The Scholarship is only valid for students starting their studies in the academic year of 2022/23 and cannot be carried over to the following academic year.
- Awards will be made for a maximum period of 3 years (or equivalent for part-time PGRs) subject to acceptable academic progression. The Scholarships will be forfeited for the next academic year if academic performance proves substandard.
- This scholarship cannot be used in conjunction with any other Bangor University Scholarship.
- Scholarship applications must include a supporting statement from an academic member of staff at the relevant Bangor University academic school.
- Recipients will be expected to become scholarship ambassadors, contributing to Bangor University promotional activities both as students and in later years as alumni.
- Recipients must be paying International Tuition Fee levels.
- EU students that are eligible to pay UK Tuition Fee levels (because they have settled or pre-settled status) CANNOT be considered for this scholarship.
- Candidates awarded the Vice-Chancellor Scholarship who are undertaking a Pre-sessional English Language Programme at ELCOS must pass the Pre-sessional programme before they can progress onto their academic programme and take up the scholarship offer. None completion of the Pre-sessional Programme will forfeit the scholarship offer.
- Where a candidate has not completed their undergraduate or Masters course, the award of a scholarship may be made conditional on the applicant achieving either a 1st class undergraduate degree or a Distinction in their Masters course.
- All scholarships will be awarded entirely at the University’s discretion.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Postgraduate Research
Value of Award: Up to 50% Tuition Fee
Number of Awards: 15
Eligible Field of Studies: Postgraduate Research Programmes in PhD, MPhil, Masters by research at the University.
- Method of Application: You must take admitted to Postgraduate Research at Bangor University. Complete the Vice-Chancellor scholarship application form before the deadline: 5 pm UK time on 6th June 2022.
Application Deadline: 5 pm UK time on 6th June 2022.