Birkbeck is offering a limited number of scholarships to international students enrolling in the Autumn 2022 intake on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme.
Birkbeck’s main building is based in the area of Bloomsbury in London Borough of Camden in Central London. The university offers over 200 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes that can be studied either part-time or full-time, though nearly all lectures are given in the evening. Their academic activities are organised into five constituent faculties which are subdivided into nineteen departments. Being part of the University of London, they share the University’s academic standards and awards University of London degrees. In common with the other University of London colleges, the university has also secured its own independent degree awarding powers, which were confirmed by the Privy Council in July 2012. The quality of degrees awarded by the university was confirmed by the UK Quality Assurance Agency following institutional audits in 2005 and 2010.
Birkbeck is a member of academic organisations such as the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the European University Association. The university is also a member of the Screen Studies Group, London. The university’s Centre for Brain Function and Development was awarded The Queen’s Anniversary Prize for its brain research in 200
Birkbeck’s alumni include five Nobel laureates, numerous political leaders, members of the Parliament of the United Kingdom and a British prime minister.
Eligibility criteria for the International Excellence Scholarships at Birkbeck University
- Applicants must be international overseas tuition fee-paying student holding an unconditional offer on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme offered by Birkbeck, starting in autumn 2022.
- Applicants must be ordinarily resident of a country in the relevant region
- Applicants must be self-funded students
- Applicants must be classified as an ‘International’ tuition fee payer.
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate or Postgraduate taught programme
Value of Awards: Up to £5000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Method of Application: Once you have received an unconditional offer from Birkbeck, you can apply using the online application form for the region where you ordinarily reside.
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in Asia/Central Asia
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in Easy Asia/South East Asia
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in the Middle East/North Africa
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in South American/the Caribbean
- Application form for those ordinarily residing in Sub Saharan Africa
Application Deadline: For courses starting in Autumn 2022, the deadline to apply for this scholarship is:
- Round 1: midnight UK time on Sunday 29 May 2022
- Round 2: midnight UK time on Sunday 17 July 2022 (31 July for Sub-Saharan Africa)
The deadline that applicants will receive a response by is:
- Round 1: Monday 13 June 2022
- Round 2: Monday 8 August 2022
For More Information, Visit The Official Website