The University of Essex Scholarship application is open for Interested Africans to apply for Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2022/23 to Study in the UK.
The Africa scholarship program is for African students who wish to further their degree to a master’s level in the UK and wish to choose the university as their study destination. If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
The University of Essex is a public research university in Essex, England. Established in 1963, welcomed students in 1964, and acquired university status by royal charter in 1965 – the university is a plate glass university. Essex’s shield consists of the ancient arms attributed to the Kingdom of Essex, and the motto, “Thought the harder, heart the keener”, is adapted from the Anglo-Saxon poem The Battle of Maldon. The university comprises three campuses with its primary campus located within Wivenhoe Park (over 200 acres) and campuses in Southend-on-Sea and Loughton. Essex has nineteen academic partnerships domestically and internationally. Domestic partnerships include a variety of Essex Online with Kaplan, Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust and the University of Essex International College. International partnerships include a franchise arrangement with Kaplan Singapore and double and dual degrees with several universities in Europe and Asia, with strong links with the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics. Essex is a founding partner of the Eastern ARC and the Young European Research Universities network; is part of the Young Universities for the Future of Europe alliance, and is a member of Universities UK. The university has produced many notable alumni in several fields, including two Nobel Prize laureates, a head of state, foreign ministers, MPs, scientists, artists, politicians, authors, and filmmakers.
Worth of the University of Essex Scholarship
A scholarship worth £4,500, will be paid as a discount on tuition fees.
Eligibility for the University of Essex Scholarship
- You must meet all of the following conditions to be considered for the University of Essex Scholarships for Africans;
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see the terms and conditions below for the definition of ordinary residence) in an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union).
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree with the grade specified or above. A higher master’s grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower bachelor’s grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters Courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 16 September 2022 (for October 2022 start) or 06 January 2023 (for January 2023 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Master’s study only
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
- Country-Specific Requirements:
- Ghana: CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria
How to apply for the University of Essex Scholarship
- It is required that you apply for admission to study at the University of Essex and if you meet the eligibility stated above, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
- Your eligibility will be assessed based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
Application Deadline: September Annually
Official Website: Click Here
Leave a Comment