The University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship is targeted at supporting top-achieving postgraduate students from across Africa. For programs starting in September/October 2022 and January/February 2023, the University of Lincoln is pleased to offer Lincoln Africa Scholarships to top-achieving postgraduate candidates.
University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship – Summary
- Award Type: Postgraduate
- Institution: University of Lincoln
- Location: United Kingdom
- Course to Study: Not specified
- Eligible Gender: Women and Men
- Application Deadlines
- Wednesday,1st June 2022
- Friday, 16th December 2022
University of Lincoln – About
The University of Lincoln is known as one of the top 10 UK universities encouraging sustainability, and working together as one community to make a difference worldwide. The University of Lincoln is a research institution of higher education located in Lincoln, England. The school has origins that trace back to the year 1861 and got university status in 1992. Then, it got its present name and structure in 2001.
Lincoln’s major campus is adjacent to Brayford Pool – a site of urban regeneration in the city since the 1990s. Satellite campuses are situated in Riseholme, Lincolnshire – home to the Lincoln Institute for Agri-food Technology, and an added campus at Holbeach which holds the facilities of the National Centre for Food Manufacturing (NCFM). Graduation ceremonies take place yearly at the medieval Lincoln Cathedral.
The University developed from some educational institutions in Hull including the Hull School of Art (1861), the Roman Catholic teacher-training Endsleigh College (1905), the Hull Technical Institute (1893), the Hull Central College of Commerce (1930), and Kingston upon Hull College of Education (1913). These institutions fused in 1976 to become Hull College of Higher Education, with a change of name to Humberside College of Higher Education in 1983 when it absorbed numerous courses in fishing, food, and manufacturing based in Grimsby.
After a change of name to the University of Lincoln in October 2001, a new campus was constructed in Lincoln. The university relocated its main campus from Hull to Lincoln in 2002. According to the school, over 100 different countries are represented among the student population on the Brayford Pool campus. Based on 2019 to 2020 academic year statistics, the entire student population was 14,095 undergraduates and 2,330 postgraduates.
Benefits of University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship
Beneficiaries of the University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- Scholarship fund in form of a reduction in tuition fees at a sum of £5,000.
Eligibility for University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship
To be eligible for the University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship, prospective students must satisfy the requirements below:
- Be a citizen of (or permanently domiciled in) a nation in Africa.
- Applicants should hold a Conditional or Unconditional Offer from the University for a full-time postgraduate taught or Master’s by Research program starting in 2022/2023.
- Applicants have been granted a Bachelor’s degree from an acknowledged university with at least 2:2 grade or equivalent.
- Please visit your country webpage for further detail regarding regional entry prerequsites that are equivalent to a 2:2.
- Applicants should satisfy the English language requirements of their envisioned course of study – this typically varies from an IELTS 6.0 -7.0 or equivalent.
How to Apply for University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship
To apply for the University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Interested applicants do not need to apply for the scholarship award.
- Applicants will automatically be deliberated for the Africa Scholarship the moment applications have submitted to study at the University of Lincoln.
- This scholarship is competitive and will only be granted to applicants who show merit in academia, extracurricular or personal endeavor. The above will be evaluated by completing a 300 word statement as part of the Scholarship Application Form.
- The University ensures to inform all applicants of the outcome of their scholarship application in 10 days of the deadline.
To inquire further about the University of Lincoln Africa Scholarship, please visit here for the program’s terms and conditions.