University of Reading is pleased to present the ESRC-Funded PhD Studentships in the UK. This is a very rewarding opportunity which is open to both international students and domestic students. The award sponsors PhD level programs in all fields of Social Sciences available at University of Reading. The scholarship application will close on of the 14thJan, 2022.
ESRC-Funded PhD Studentships
- Funding Type: Complete Funding
- Awarding Institution: University of Reading
- Study Level: PhD
- Department: Social Sciences
- Eligible Students: Both International Students and Domestic Students
- Location: UK
- Deadline: 14th of January, 2022
Benefits of ESRC-Funded PhD Studentships
Recipients of ESRC-Funded PhD Studentships will be offered the benefits below:
- This academic award program will fund tuition fees at the home rate; for international applicants offered a SeNSS award the difference between Home and International fees will be funded by the University of Reading.
Eligibility for ESRC-Funded PhD Studentships
To meet the criteria for ESRC-Funded PhD Studentships, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: All
- So as to get ESRC studentship funding you must satisfy the eligibility standards requested by the ESRC; Check SeNSS eligibility criteria for comprehensive details.
- Each department can advise about the English language prerequisites for your selected PhD program at Reading.
- Submissions are open to UK and international candidates.
- This sponsorship covers tuition fees at the Home rate; for foreign candidates offered a SeNSS award the difference between Home and International fees will be funded by the University of Reading. The program does not sponsor professional doctorates (e.g. DBA, EdD).
How to Apply for ESRC-Funded PhD Studentships
To win ESRC-Funded PhD Studentships, please follow the guidelines below:
- Notify the pathway lead of your choice as soon as possible.
- So as to develop a successful application it is germane for you to single out an suitable supervisor the initial stage.
- As a leading step, communicate to the pathway lead for your topic area from the list below to notify them that you are interested in applying. Make available short form details of your area of research interest and previous qualifications.
- Be informed that, it is not always compulsory to have a Master’s degree – see eligibility link here for full details.
- Pathway leads can counsel on whether your proposed project can be supervised at Reading.
- In addition to guaranteeing that your pathway lead is notified of your interest, you can also communicate to prospective supervisors directly by consulting the staff pages of departments germane to your area. Ensure you finalize this step as soon as you can.
- Formulate your research proposal with a potential supervisor. It is expected that your supervisor will review a draft of your research proposal and application and provide guidance to develop and strengthen your application as appropriate
- To apply for a position of admission, an application for a position on a PhD program is a different step to applying for SeNSS funding. It is vital that you apply for a position of admission on your selected PhD program at Reading as soon as possible to get more time for application processing and interview. If you are unclear of the correct PhD program, this can be deliberated with your potential supervisor or a School Director of Postgraduate Research Studies for your subject.
- The online application procedure will demand a research proposal be uploaded; this doesn’t have to be final version developed with your potential supervisor.
- Write ‘SeNSS’ in the ‘scholarship applied for’ box. Latest, your admissions application should be finalized by 14th of January 2022 but it will be advantageous to your application to apply much before the aforementioned deadline. Keep a note of your applicant ID number after you have applied.
Apply for SeNSS funding via HEIApply
- To apply for a SeNSS award, applicants will need to be submit application through an external online platform called HEIApply. This is a different step to applying for a place on a PhD program. If you have not applied via HEIApply by the specified deadline you will not be selected for SeNSS funding. The HEIApply application must be completed and submitted by 12.00 noon on Tuesday 25th January, 2022.
- Here is the platform to apply HEIApply.
- Follow links to set up your account in HEApply, enter rudimentary details of your application and provide primary details of your referees.
- Numerous application guidance documents for applicants and supervisors are available on thSeNe SS website.
To make further inquiry about ESRC-Funded PhD Studentships, please visit the official website.