Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship is a program specially set aside for foreign students in Germany. The scholarship allows Masters’s level program(s) in the field of all Subjects taught at Germany Universities. The closing date of the scholarship is currently open for submissions.
Candidates who come from Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Eastern Europe are all qualified to apply; scholars of any specialization can choose to apply, if they show brilliant prospects or academic quality, and wish to study in Germany. These individuals must certainly be devoted to the values of social democracy and abide by all these values. The funding support is awarded to top-performing students and includes a comprehensive seminar program to help improve the applicants’ social capabilities and academic expertise.
To have individual backing by an on-site liaison lecturer is also an additional advantage of the sponsorship. Every year, about 40 students are granted FES sponsorships. They have remunerated a monthly sum of EUR 830 in Bachelor’s, Diploma, Magister, state examination programs or EUR 850 or, respectively when doing a Master’s course. In addition, expenses for health insurance are financed, and scholars with a child get a family stipend of EUR 276.
Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship – Summary
- Funding Type: Partial Funding
- Academic Institution: Germany Universities
- Study Level: Masters
- Available Subjects: All subjects
- Eligible Students: International Students
- Country: Germany
Benefits of Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship
Recipients of Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- About 40 scholarships are awarded yearly.
- Maximum funding duration matches BAföG protocols.
- International scholars receive a once-a-month base sum of EUR 830 in a Bachelor’s, Diploma,
- State examination program or Magister or EUR 850 in a Master’s course.
- In addition, health insurance costs are covered and scholars with a child get a family stipend of EUR 276.
Eligibility for Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship
To be eligible for Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship, the applicant must satisfy the requirements below:
- Get an admission to study or acceptance at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution located in Germany.
- Adequate knowledge of German, though the courses are taught in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute
- Qualified Nationalities: Predominantly talented students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- The applicants’ aptitudes and personalities should show outstanding promise for an academic or professional career. Besides, applicants are expected to display commitment to the values of social democracy.
Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship – Steps to Apply
To avail Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Remarkable school or academic merit (where necessary: first graded evidences of academic attainment).
- Social and political association and obligation to the values of social democracy.
- Accountable, driven, dependable persons enthusiastic to get involved with the Foundation’s network.
- Sufficient understanding of German, although the courses are taught in English. This means at least, DSH level 2 of ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’, at least level 4 of ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute
- Application Papers
The funding support is awarded to top-performing students and includes a comprehensive seminar program to help improve the applicants’ social capabilities and academic expertise. These individuals must certainly be devoted to the values of social democracy and abide by all these values.
To inquire further about Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship please visit the official website.