The State Oceanic Administration (SOA) and the Ministry of Education of China jointly initiate the program of Marine International Scholarships of China for the purpose of providing financial support to outstanding students from the coastal countries or regions around the South China Sea, the Pacific and the Indian Oceans and African developing countries to study in China for a degree in oceanography or other related specialties, cultivating advanced professionals of the related fields for developing countries, enhancing international marine cooperation and exchange, and promoting the harmonious ocean development in the region and around the world.
Eligibility criteria for the Marine International Scholarships
- Applicants must be in good health.
- Applicants must be from a coastal/island country of the South China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Pacific and its surrounding island countries, or a developing African country.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree and be under the age of 40 and 45 for admission in a master or doctoral programme at Harbin.
- Applicants must submit scores of the following language proficiency tests: HSK – 5
Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese
Type: Masters & Doctorate
Marine International Scholarships funding details:
Application fee and Tuition covered
ii. Free accommodation on campus
iii. Living allowance: RMB 3,000 per month for master’s students, and RMB3,500 per month for doctoral students
iv. Comprehensive Medical Insurance
1. Living allowance is to be granted by the university on a monthly basis, starting from the date of entrance of the student. For the first month, the students who register before or on the 15th day of the month will receive the allowance in full, and those after the 15th day of the month, in half. The allowance will extend half a month after the specified graduation date designated by the university. As for those who suspend, quit or complete their academic program and return to their own country, the allowance will stop from the next month. The allowance covers the holidays recognized by the university. Those who are away in the holidays and unable to get their allowance in time may receive their dues when return to the university. And as for those who are late for the registration or stay away from the school without any formality of asking for absence for a time longer than one month, the allowance for that month shall be cancelled.
Those who have to suspend their program because of pregnancy or severe disease must return to their own country for delivery or recovery, and the travel must be at their own expense. Those who have been approved by the school authority to suspend their program, their qualification for the Scholarship may extend for no longer than one year and the allowance will stop during the suspension. But those who suspend their program on other excuses will be disqualified from the scholarship.
2. For more detailed information, please check the website of China Scholarship Council at http://www.csc.edu.cn
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Method of Application: Students can sign up on the university portal to complete their admission applications. All eligible non-Chinese students will be considered. The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Passport Copy
- Notarized transcripts and Bachelor or Master Degree Certificate or above
- Recommendation letters from two professors or associate professors
- Study plan form
- CSC Physical examination form
Application Deadline: 15th April 2022..
Leave a Comment