Applications are now open for the 2022/2023 James Cook University Scholarships for international applicants. James Cook University (JCU) offers several part-fee and full-fee scholarships every year wishing to qualifying international students enrolling to study in Australia but lacks the financial capability.
In partnership with JCU, some countries offer financial aid programs to students studying abroad. Most financial aid is in the form of a loan that must be repaid upon completion of the study period.
James Cook University (JCU) is a public university in North Queensland, Australia. The second oldest university in Queensland, JCU is a teaching and research institution. The university’s main campuses are located in the tropical cities of Cairns and Townsville, and one in the city-state of Singapore. JCU also has study centres in Mount Isa, Mackay, Thursday Island and Rock Hampton. A Brisbane campus, operated by Russo Higher Education, delivers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to international and domestic students. The university’s main fields of research include environmental sciences, biological sciences, mathematical sciences, earth sciences, agricultural and veterinary sciences, technology and medical and health sciences. In 1957, Professor John Douglas Story, vice-chancellor of the University of Queensland, proposed a regional university college be established to cater to the people of North Queensland. At that time, the only higher education providers were located in the state capital, Brisbane. On 27 February 1961, the University College of Townsville was opened.
After being proclaimed as an Act of Queensland Parliament, the University College of Townsville became the James Cook University of North Queensland. The official opening of the university was conducted by Queen Elizabeth II on 20 April 1970.
Worth of James Cook University Scholarships
For full information on our scholarship opportunities, please read the below information carefully to choose the scholarship that best suit you. For students from Asia and Africa, read the available scholarship for those categories under the eligibility
- The following countries have financial aid programs where JCU is registered to administer on your behalf. For more information please click on the respective country links; Canada, Europe and USA.
- If your country is not listed here, we encourage you to explore financial aid options directly within your home country.
Eligibility for James Cook University Scholarships
- JCU International Excellence Scholarship: For eligible students from the United States, Canada, Latin America, the United Kingdom and Europe. The JCU International Excellence Scholarship provides a significant tuition fee reduction throughout the entire duration of approved full degree study programs, provided recipients maintain a strong GPA each semester.
- JCU International Student Merit Stipend: For eligible students from Asia, Africa, Papua New Guinea and the Middle East. The JCU International Student Merit Stipend provides monthly payments of A$700 to assist with expenses of sat JCU, providing a strong GPA is maintained.
- JCU College Pathways Scholarship: Available for international students enrolling on the Diploma of Engineering, Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway), Diploma of Science, and Diploma of Technology. The JCU College Pathways Scholarships provide a 25% reduction in tuition fees.
- JCU College Progression Scholarship: Students who transition from JCU College Diplomas to JCU Bachelor’s degrees, after completing the JCU College Diploma with a GPA of 4.5 or greater.
- JCU Research Scholarships: JCU offers highly competitive scholarships to students commencing research at the master at Masters or Doctoral level. Students must be accepted for a place in a research degree program to be considered for scholarship support.
- Some scholarships will be awarded on an automatic basis while some requires that students indicate interest.
How to apply for James Cook University Scholarships
- To be awarded the James Cook University Scholarships, you need to start with applying to JCU for study placement. Click Here to start your application
- Some scholarships will be awarded on automatic basis while some requires that students indicate interest.
- Application Deadline: Varies
Official Website: Click Here