The DAAD Masters scholarships for African students is a special programme for Sub-Saharan African students whose studies are interrupted due to the war against Ukraine to continue/complete their studies in their home country or region.
The goal of the programme is to provide Master scholarships to students who are nationals of a Sub-Saharan African country and whose Master studies are interrupted because of the war in Ukraine. Scholarship holders are given the opportunity to continue their academic career at a higher education institution in their home country or within their home region (in Sub-Saharan-Africa).
Eligibility criteria for the DAAD Masters scholarships for African students
- You must have started your Master studies in Ukraine, hence had a student status at a recognised Ukrainian higher education institution on 24 February 2022 and fled because of the war;
- You are national or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan country;
- You must have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (e.g. a Bachelor’s degree) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Lower Division or equivalent, if applicable);
- You clearly show motivation and strong commitment;
- You must have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
- You must have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
Value of Scholarship:
|Tuition Fees||depending on the host university||as charged by the hosting university (maximum 2,500 EUR for each year within the regular period of study)|
|Study and Research Allowance||annually||460.00 EUR|
|Printing Allowance||once towards the end of scholarship||400.00 EUR|
|Monthly Scholarship (accommodation, food etc.)||monthly||depending on the country|
|Travel Allowance (for those who are still in Europa or wish to study outside their home country)||once at the beginning (and if necessary, once at the end)||the flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award|
Method of Application: The applications will be reviewed by the DAAD. Incomplete applications will be denied for formal reasons and are not being included in the review process.
A complete application consists of the following documents
- DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of admission for the host university in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Bachelor’s degree certificate including the final grade
- Transcripts for all semesters of the Bachelor’s degree programme (if possible)
- Motivation letter (DAAD form) [docx-file] explaining:
- previous academic career (including a listing of universities and study programmes attended);
- the programme choice and how it is matching with the Master’s programme in Ukraine;
- motivation for the application.
- Proof of student status at a recognised higher education institution in Ukraine on 24 February 2022.
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the last visa certificate for the study stay in Ukraine
- If a Master’s programme is chosen that is not offered at a DAAD partner university under the In-Country/In-Region scholarship programme, the following documents should be submitted if possible: Accreditation certificate of the programme and/or course plan for the whole programme and/or semester plan etc.
Application deadline: 4 July 2022
Leave a Comment