DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Fully Funded Scholarship for 2022/2023 Program application is currently open to study in Germany for a master’s degree.
Selected applicants are expected to return to their home countries after studying to impact development with the training they have gathered. The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Program (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries. The program, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master’s programs of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin.
The list of the universities in Germany, of which there are about seventy. The list also includes German Technische Universitäten (universities of technology), which have official and full university status, but usually focus on engineering and the natural sciences rather than covering the whole spectrum of academic disciplines. Some twenty German universities rank among the top 200 universities in the world, Highest-ranked universities in Germany include some research-oriented universities for MS, MBA, medical and engineering. The list does not, however, cover the German Fachhochschulen (University of Applied Sciences) or institutions that cover only certain disciplines such as business studies, fine arts, or engineering. Those do not have all of the responsibilities and limitations of universities, and most cannot award doctorate degrees on their own. A private university is included in the list if it awards its doctorate in general, public German universities do not charge tuition fees. At many universities, this usual, also applies to foreign students, though regulations for non-EU foreign citizens differ regionally. Universities may charge small fees for administrative cost
Eligibility for DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Fully Funded Scholarship
- Applicant must own a quality first degree in one of the accredited universities as a rule in the fields of social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy and administration
- Applicant must be ready to contribute to the social, political and economic development of their home countries/regions
- Must have already gained practical experience relevant to the program, experiences such as professional experience, internships, and political/social commitment
Worth of DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Fully Funded Scholarship
- DAAD scholarship holders are exempt from paying tuition fees, in addition to the following other benefits;
- Scholarships of currently € 931 per month for master’s courses at German higher education institutions.
- Health insurance covered in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing countries
- A study and research grant
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
- Preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months. Participation is mandatory.
How to apply for DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Fully Funded Scholarship
- All applications must be submitted in English or German. Please refer to the call for applications for detailed application instructions. When applying for a placement, please indicate clearly that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme (Master’s scholarships in Public Policy and Good Governance). You may apply for up to two courses of study from the list below.
- Please complete the DAAD application form ‘Application for a research/study scholarship’ (see Attachment 2) only once and indicate your selected master’s course or courses, in the latter case indicating your first and second priority.
- If you are applying for two master’s courses: Please submit a single application for both master’s courses and only one letter of motivation. In this letter, you should explain in detail, why you chose the respective master’s courses as well as your reasons for prioritising.
- Please submit the application form to the master’s courses of your choice (no more than two), along with the required documents (see below). Scholarship applications are only accepted via master’s courses.
Application Deadline: 31 July 2022.
Official Website: Click Here