The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) in partnership with the Carnegie Corporation of New York is offering scholarship opportunities to students with an interest in data science and its related disciplines (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, Data Mining, Big data Analytics, Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Deep Active Learning, Cognitive Computing among others), to apply for one of six attractive scholarships at its pioneering Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
This program aims to position Africa at the forefront of information science. It also seeks to ensure that scientists worldwide are able to fully contribute to the above goal.
Eligibility criteria for the AIMS-Carnegie Masters Scholarships
- Applicants can be from any country.
- Applicants must hold at least an MSc degree in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position.
- Applicants should be interested in undertaking research in Data Science and its related disciplines.
- Applicants must have Knowledge in mathematical modelling would be an advantage.
- Applicants must be open-minded, and must be willing to conduct their research at their preferred AIMS Research Centre, or a designated partner institution in one of the AIMS host centres.
Eligible Countries: International
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Successful candidates will each benefit from financial support of up to $19 390 per annum for the three year duration of their research study.
Method of Application: APPLY HERE
You will be asked to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- CV (you can use your own format, but please make sure to cover at least all items mentioned in this template that apply to your case)(This document is not editable. Please download or create your own.)
- Transcripts (Please submit both your undergraduate and your masters level transcripts. Additional transcripts can be submitted if relevant. )
As part of the application form, you will be able to
- Select or suggest a research topic
- Name two academics (ideally senior researchers), who are willing to write a letter of support
- Indicate whether you already are admitted at a university or otherwise have future plans that you consider to combine with this program
Leave a Comment